To receive Text or MMS (Picture Message) to an Email, you must either use a shortcode along with keyword or a buy a local ten digit phone number for USA and Canada.
The following tutorial walks you through the process of buying and setting up a Text to an Email campaign to receive MMS Picture Messages and Text Message to an Email address.
The service is currently available in USA and Canada.
Step2: Setup a Text to Email Campaign using virtual phone number
To set up a text to email campaign follow these steps.
- Log on to the Dashboard portal.
- Click manage campaign.
- Click Add new campaign and select Text2Email.
- Select your local phone number and your SMS account from the drop down list.
- Select keyword: Check "All Messages" checkbox
- Edit the auto-reply message when a subscriber Opt-in.
- Enter the Email address which will receive the text as email.
- Enable Email Reply if you want. When you enable this option, you can reply back to the subscriber from your email.
Please click here see how to the send a text message from email.
- If you want to have text forwarded to your mobile phone, Type in your mobile number to have received text message forwarded.
- You can edit the Email subject template and Email reply template.
- You can edit the Opt-out response and Help response.
- Click save to save your campaign.
- When a subscriber sends the keyword to the local number, the designated email will receive the text as an email and a text message on also the forwarded mobile number.