10DLC (10-digit long code}
- it allows businesses to send application-to-person text messages (A2P) using 10 local long codes to avoid fees and penalties from mobile network operators.
- Major US carriers have announced their requirements for 10DLC. This new standard provides many benefits to our users including supporting higher messaging speeds, safety, and better deliverability.
What is A2P (Application-to-person) messaging?
- it's the most common and cost-effective way for businesses to send text messages to customers using software applications because it removes the manual process of texting and they can have the privilege of sending bulk text messages.
- With A2P messaging, the line of communication is typically one-way, meaning the recipient is not always expected to respond.
Why 10DLC is being introduced?
- Carriers introduced 10DLC to provide an accredited platform for businesses to send SMS and MMS messages using long codes. This is to protect consumers from unwanted spam, while still allowing businesses to better connect with their customers. This change will also improve deliverability because 10DLC allows for higher messaging throughput than P2P long code traffic
What is the timeline for 10DLC rollout?
- As of May 11, 2021, some 10DLC capabilities have been rolled out by carriers.
- On June 1st, T-Mobile began charging 10DLC rates for both registered and non-registered 10DLC traffic
- AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile have not yet started filtering or throttling messages, and there will be a grace period of at least 30 days
What are the benefits of 10DLC?
- Higher SMS message volumes
- Lower cost option
- Local number recognition
- Easier campaign tracking
Improved Deliverability and Compliance
- Prevention for scam and phishing
How to register for 10DLC?
- 10DLC requires businesses to register their brand and campaigns to associate their texting with specific usage, cases, and security.
Creating a brand is a process that involves registration to a third-party company entrusted by US carriers to manage all the 10DLC brands and campaigns. This organization is named The Campaign Registry (TCR).
- You can click here for the 10DLC Customer Registration form
- Add a phone number to your 10DLC campaign.
10DLC Registration Fees:
|$4 one time fee||
$50 T-Mobile fee, one time per campaign
(This fee will be charged starting March 1, 2022)
$2-10/month per campaign, dependent on the use case.
Campaign fees are billed for 3 months initially, then subsequently on a monthly recurring basis.
- You can click here for further details on 10DLC Fees and Charges