What is toll-free verification?
- it's the process of reducing, filtering, and preventing unwanted messages or messaging traffic.
- a business can have one verified toll-free number associated with their brand.
- With the verified toll-free tagged, you will experience less false-positive filtering, leading to overall better messaging deliverability.
Toll-free verification process:
To be verified, a toll-free number must submit an application to be approved by mobile carriers.
If once approved:
The number will associate with that specific business
A “verified” tag will be added to the number
- If not approved:
- You can still send traffic on the toll-free number even if the campaign. It just won’t have the added safety to help maximize deliverability and quicker resolution time.
Once the application form was submitted, it will be processed within 24 hours.
Upon submission, it can take up to 2-3 business days for a single toll-free number request and up to 4-5 business days for multiple toll-free number requests to receive a response from our peer confirming approval, denial, or asking clarifying questions.
- Verification is not whitelisting, so being approved doesn’t mean that the users won’t experience any blocking. For email, whitelisting means that any messages from a verified/approved sender will never be sent to junk or spam mail. However, there’s no whitelisting for SMS.
Just a note toll-free verification requests are reviewed manually. A turnaround time may vary if it's batch/bulk submission. Unlike the 10DLC application, most campaigns receive immediate results
Factors that your approval might be delayed:
A high volume of incoming requests
Incomplete or unclear fields on the form submitted
Multiple toll-free numbers on a request
How to submit the Toll-free verification form?
- Click here to submit a Toll-free verification form.
Please make sure to submit complete, and upload high-quality forms to help make the process faster and easier.
Submitting Toll-free verification:
- Opt in
Make sure the opt-in process is explained detailed.
Provide a screenshot and/or link to the opt-in process. This is required for marketing use cases.
Consent should be collected by the direct sender of the messages. Please be advised that consent cannot be acquired from a third party. Third-party opt-in is not supported and is ineligible for verification.
Use one primary number
Each sender (business/organization) should utilize only one primary sending number. This is to have a better user experience overall for the consumer.
If in case the business/organization has multiple locations or franchises, each should have its own number; a 1:1 process (one number per sender). Shared numbers (numbers used by multiple businesses) are disallowed and ineligible for verification.
If there are cases that require more than one sending number. You'll be asked to upload an excel file with the business name associated with each number. For bulk submissions, turnaround times will vary.
Examples of Ineligible use cases:
|High-Risk Financial Services||Get Rich Quick Schemes||Debt Forgiveness||Illegal Substances/ Activities||General|
|Payday loans||Debt consolidation||Work from home programs||Cannabis||Phishing|
|Short-term, high-interest loans||Debt reduction||Risk investment opportunities||Alcohol||Fraud or scams|
|Auto loans||Credit repair programs||Debt collection or consolidation||Tobacco or vape||Deceptive marketing|
|Mortgage loans||Deceptive work from home programs||Pornography|
|Student loans||Multi-level marketing||Profanity or hate speech|
What are the minimum requirements to get verified?
- Toll-free number(s)
- An excel file (CSV) with toll-free numbers and business names for batch submissions
- Verification brief with the required fields completed
- The use case is not listed on our Ineligible Use Case list
- Opt-in process is explained detailed
- Screenshots and/or URLs are required for marketing use cases
- Carrier Best Practices (CTIA guidelines) are being followed